Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Deluxe Edition)Regular price $30.00 Save $-30.00
Deluxe Vinyl Edition featuring Songs from the Motion Picture & Original Score by Tyler Bates!
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is filled with great action, humor and performances, but it is also infused with a new mixed tape and soundtrack, a dynamic that resonated deeply with audiences in the first film as evidenced by the success of the soundtrack album. The Grammy-nominated Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, becoming the first soundtrack album consisting entirely of previously released songs to top the chart. The album has also been certified Platinum by the R.I.A.A.
Once again, music plays an important role in the telling of the story in Volume 2. Set to the all-new sonic backdrop, Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.
Director James Gunn explains, "We had Awesome Mix Volume 1 last time, and this time we have Awesome Mix Volume 2. It was so important that it's actually part of the film's title this time around. As most people know, Quill's mom made the first tape for a slightly younger boy, and she made the second tape for a slightly older boy. So, in many ways the songs reflect the story. The songs are a little bit deeper in some ways; a little bit less pop in some ways. Some of the choices are a bit more eclectic; some of the choices are a bit more popular. But we have a real amazing group of songs that, like in the first movie, I wrote into the script. They are a part of the storytelling. Each song is very specific to the scene where it's placed."
On the importance of the score, which often gets overlooked in a film heavy with popular songs, Gunn adds, "The one thing that is underappreciated is how important Tyler Bates' score is to the first film. We still use the score from the first movie while shooting this film and it doesn't get the respect it deserves because it gets so overshadowed by the soundtrack. There's some beautiful score on that first soundtrack, and I know that the music we've written for the second film is even better than what we did for the first film. Tyler Bates has absolutely outdone himself, and we're giving something very special to people with the music in this film, both the pop songs and the actual score."
- Mr. Blue Sky - Performed by Electric Light Orchestra
- Fox on the Run - Performed by Sweet
- Lake Shore Drive - Performed by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
- The Chain - Performed by Fleetwood Mac
- Bring It on Home to Me - Performed by Sam Cooke
- Southern Nights - Performed by Glen Campbell
- My Sweet Lord - Performed by George Harrison
- Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Performed by Looking Glass
- Come a Little Bit Closer - Performed by Jay and The Americans
- Wham Bam Shang-a-Lang - Performed by Silver
- Surrender - Performed by Cheap Trick
- Father and Son - Performed by Yusef / Cat Stevens
- Flash Light - Performed by Parliament
- Guardians Inferno - Performed by The Sneepers (Featuring - David Hasselhoff)
- Showtime, A-holes
- vs. The Abilisk
- Space Chase
- Family History
- Groot Expectations
- Mammalian Bodies
- Two-Time-Galaxy Savers
- I Know Who You Are
- Kraglin and Drax
- The Expansion
- Mary Poppins and the Rat
- A Total Hasselhoff
- Guardians of the Frickin' Galaxy