Blue Train (Mono)Regular price $41.00 Save $-41.00
On September 15, 1957, John Coltrane went into Rudy Van Gelder's living room studio in Hackensack, New Jersey and recorded his first great masterpiece: Blue Train. It would be the legendary saxophonist's sole album as a leader for Blue Note, a locomotive five-track album fueled by the bluesy title track that featured a dynamic six-piece band with Lee Morgan on trumpet, Curtis Fuller on trombone, Kenny Drew on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, and Philly Joe Jones on drums. To mark the 65th anniversary of the album's recording, Blue Train will be released as part of Blue Note's acclaimed Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series: a 1-LP mono pressing of the original album.
Both Tone Poet Vinyl Editions were produced by Joe Harley, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original analog master tapes, pressed on 180g vinyl at RTI, and packaged in deluxe gatefold tip-on jackets.
- 180g Vinyl LP
- Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series
- Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
- Mastered from Original Analog Master Tapes
- Produced by Joe Harley
- Pressed at RTI
- Deluxe Gatefold Tip-On Jacket
- Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series.
- Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio.
- Mastered Directly from the Original Analog Master Tapes!
- Pressed at RTI.
Philly Joe Jones
John Coltrane Blue Train (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) 180gram LP (Mono)
- - Disc 1 -
- 1 Blue Train
- 2 Moment's Notice
- - Disc 2 -
- 1 Locomotion
- 2 I'm Old Fashioned
- 3 Lazy Bird